Simply put, the SMOK G-PRIV 2 is an advanced version of G-PRIV, slimmer in design, plus a new touch-screen, this Kit model from SMOK will go over extremely well for those Vapers that enjoyed the G PRIV original, or who enjoy Touchscreen Mods in general. After two weeks of steady use, I’m ready to render a verdict on this nifty new device.
About the SMOK G-PRIV 2
The G-PRIV 2 Kit includes the G-PRIV 2 mod and the new TFV8 X-Baby tank. When compared side by side with SMOK G-PRIV, it is obvious that the G-PRIV 2 has a slimmer body, and an upgraded user interface.
The Touchscreen has a higher resolution, making for a clearer, almost iPhone-quality screen (I said, almost, but not quite), which for myself was the selling point of the Kit. The new menu system is easier to use, and adjustments to the settings are fast, smooth, and surefooted.
Check out this cool video presentation we found on YouTube that truly emphasizes the sexy nature of the new, slimmer G-PRIV 2.
Impressive Features with the SMOK G-PRIV 2
Some of the standout features of the G-PRIV 2 are holdovers from the original, and some new features that improve the overall experience. The G-PRIV 2 is a dual 18650 cell device, with a super wattage range of 1W to 230W (from just 2x 18650’s!). The minimum resistance for coils is an impressive 0.06-ohms. I’ve spend most of my time using the X-Baby that came with the Kit, but I’ve also used the excellent Vaporesso NRG, the incredible Uwell Valyrian (my current favorite tank), the MELO 300, and several more.
Despite the G-PRIV 2 being slimmer than the original, its 24.5mm diameter is wide enough for most sub-ohm tanks, certainly the ones I’ve mentioned above.
I’m including another video for this review from Mike Vapes, because Mike does a great showing the new and the old side by side and showing the audience just how much the user interface has been simplified.
The SMOK TFV8 X-Baby
The TFV8 X-Baby tank (full review here) offers similar performance of other SMOK TFV8 tanks, the main difference being the top airflow system. The X-Baby is compatible with SMOK’s Q2 or T6 core coil heads, delivering solid flavor and ample clouds of vapor. The X-Baby is not my favorite tank from SMOK, but it certainly does the job.
My Opinion and Recommendation of the SMOK G-PRIV 2 Kit
If you’re a fan of Touchscreen mods the G-PRIV 2 is going to be a welcome addition to your collection, or as your primary vaping device. Touchscreens has been around a while, but with this version the improvements are significant and a welcome advancement in touchscreen technology.
I don’t make much use of Temperature Control, so during the review period I did manage to squeak out a few hours with stainless steel coils. I find stainless steel heating elements to be much improved since 2015, especially for flavor fidelity. Using the stainless steel in TC mode was simple, effective, and accurate. I enjoyed using the stainless-steel coils about 90% as much as my tried and true Kanthal coils.
If you’re not a fan of touchscreen mods then nothing in the SMOK G-PRIV 2 is going to change your mind. But, there are numerous SMOK mods and kits that perform every bit as good as the G-PRIV 2, including, but not limited to, the SMOK H-PRIV, T-PRIV, ProColor, and the upcoming Majesty. All these mods and kits, plus replacement coils, are available at Vapor Authority.
My score, or grade for the SMOK G-PRIV 2
G-PRIV 2 – A
X-Baby – B+
Overall – A-
SMOK G-PRIV 2 Features, Specs, and Package Contents
SMOK G-PRIV V2 230W TC Touch Screen Box Mod Features:
- Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery – Not Included
- Wattage Output Range: 1-230W
- Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.06ohm
- Temperature Range: 200-600F
- Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Adjustable Initial Resistance
- TCR Adjustments
- Preheat Functionality
- Superior Zinc Alloy Construction
- Super Large 2″ OLED Touch Screen
- Shatter/Shock Resistance Glass
- Exuberant User-Friendly Interface
- Full Color Resolution
- Screen-Lock Button – Simplify Operation
- Five Drawing Effects: Min, Max, Soft, Normal, Hard
- Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) Adjustments
- User-Friendly Interface
- Stealth Firing Bar Mechanism
- Magnetized Battery Cover – Carbon Fiber Inlay
- Temperature Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Over/Under Voltage Protection
- MicroUSB Port
- Stainless Steel 510 Connection – Gold-Plated Contacts
- Available in Silver, Black, Gold, Blue, Purple, Rainbow
SMOK TFV8 X-Baby Beast Tank Features:
- 24.5mm Diameter
- 4mL Juice Capacity
- Superior Stainless Steel Construction
- High-Grade Glass Reinforcement
- Convenient Top-Fill Design with Hinge Lock
- Top Airflow Control – Two Large Airslots
- Black Delrin Ultra-Wide Drip Tip
- Improved TFV8 X-Baby Turbo Engines Coil Structure
- 0.4ohm X-Baby Q2 Dual Coil – rated for 40-80W, recommended 55-65W
- 0.2ohm X-Baby T6 Sextuple Coil – rated for 40-130W, recommended 70-90W
- 510 Connection
SMOK G-PRIV 2 Package Contents:
- 1 G-PRIV V2 230W Box Mod
- 1 TFV8 X-Baby Tank
- 1 V8 X-Baby Q2 Dual Core
- 1 V8 X-Baby T6 Sextuple Core
- 1 Silicone Sleeve Cover
- 1 Replacement Glass Tube
- 1 MicroUSB Cable
- Spare Parts & O-Rings
- Instructional Manual