Review of the VOOPOO Find S Kit – All these years later and we still don’t know who “Gene” is. But that hasn’t stopped Voopoo from putting his name on every chipset they stick in their mods. The latest? A 120-watt, integrated battery device with a permanent wrist strap affixed to the side of the device. They call it the Voopoo Find S. But, they should have named it after the company’s other big selling series… because using the Find S was a real drag.
As you’ll see below, there are some good qualities and features, but we couldn’t help feeling let down by this pricey mod kit. Let’s see what we can — ahem — find in this review. First, the specs.
The VOOPOO FIND S 120W Starter Kit provides a lightweight, ergonomic system with the advanced GENE.FIT Chipset. It has an integrated 4400mAh rechargeable Battery to fire the powerful 8mL UFORCE T2 Tank.
Zinc Alloy Construction
Constructed from impact-resistant zinc-aluminum alloy, the FIND S 120W box mod protects the intelligent GENE.FIT chipset within, as well as the 4400mAh integrated battery.
UForce T2 & 4400mAh Battery
Designed to last throughout the day, providing ample vapor at instantaneous speeds, the UFORCE T2 Tank works in conjunction with the GENE.FIT Chipset to attain a firing speed of 0.01s. However, with a different tank at the helm, the FIND S can access a comprehensive temperature control suite, further dialing in the preferred vape experience and fine-tuning it to satisfy even the pickiest of vapers.
VOOPOO FIND S 120W Box Mod Features:
- Intelligent GENE.FIT Chipset
- Dimensions – 83.5mm 48mm by 25mm
- Integrated 4400mAh Rechargeable Battery
- Wattage Output Range: 5-120W
- Voltage Output Range: 0-7.5V
- Resistance Range: 0.5-5.0ohm
- Temperature Range: 200°-600°F / 100°-315°C
- Power Mode
- TC Mode
- 3-Levels FIT Mode – BATTERY / FLAVOR / CLOUD
- Zinc-Aluminium Alloy Chassis Construction
- Intuitive Firing Button
- Two Adjustment Buttons
- OLED Display Screen
- Bottom Ventilation Holes
- Lanyard Attachment Point
- 01s Firing Speed
- Vaping Overtime Protection
- Over-Temperature Protection
- Over-current Output Protection
- Overcharge Protection
- Low Discharge Protection
- Tank Short-Circuit Protection
- Charge Balance Protection
- Centered 510 Connection
- MicroUSB Port
- Available in True Red, Radiant Orchid, Rose Red, White, Primary Yellow, Spruce Green
VOOPOO UFORCE T2 Sub-Ohm Tank Features:
- 25mm Tank Diameter
- 28mm At Widest Point
- 5mL Standard Juice Capacity
- 8mL Maximum Juice Capacity
- Superior 304 Stainless Steel Construction
- Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- Quick Vent Channel Design – Rapid Heat Discharge
- Short Chimney – Flavor-Focused
- UFORCE OCC Coil Technology
- 6ohm P2 Single Mesh Coil – rated for 24-28W
- 2ohm N2 Dual Mesh Coil – rated for 65-100W
- 2ohm N3 Triple Mesh Coil – rated for 75-85W
- Convenient Sliding Top-Fill Method
- Precision Triple Auxiliary Bottom Airflow Control
- 14mm Resin Widebore Drip Tip – Vibrant Colorways
- 24K Gold-Plated 510 Connection
- Available in Black, Stainless, Red, Blue,Gold, Green, Purple, Brown
Impressions/Aesthetics of the VOOPOO Find S –
I won’t lie, I really didn’t like the visual presentation of the Find S mod. For starters, the weirdly ridged and patterned plastic shell feels like it belongs to a $20 bargain mod, not part of an $85 kit. Not only are the ridges uncomfortable, even when using the mod for a short period of time, but there’s nothing about the Find S that feels even remotely durable.
Secondly, Voopoo thought it was a good idea to affix a permanent rubber wrist strap underneath the top lip of the mod, with no option to remove it, unless you want to cut it off with a knife. Not only does the strap get in the way when trying to operate the mod, but it’s also extremely uncomfortable when wearing it.
Beyond that, there’s also a surprising lack of heft and weight here, making the mod feel cheaper than it probably is. The company claims there’s a 4,400mAh battery driving the GENE chipset under the hood, but frankly I expected a little more durability. Likewise, the 510 connector, simple OLED display and requisite three-button scheme all look and feel cheap and underwhelming.
Look, I get that the mod is called the “Find” but Voopoo should really try and lose this design concept… quickly. It’s ugly, uncomfortable and poorly thought out.
Sadly, not many things “stood out” during my testing, but I do have to give credit where it’s due — though there isn’t much weight to it, the integrated 4,400mAh battery is a beast, lasting me almost a full day of assertive vaping, using both the stock tank and some other appropriate atomizers. Towards the end of the battery cycle, there was some dampening of power output, but it charges quickly and delivers solid “oomph” throughout.
Also, we need to mention the Uforce T2 sub-ohm tank, which is included in the kit, accompanied by a pair of solid coils. This compact but strong-performing tank would be a decent purchase on its own, but like we’ve seen before, it makes a nice addition to this kit.
Both the included coils delivered deep, mostly nuanced flavor and surprisingly dense vapor production, even at lower wattages. And at higher wattages, they can flavorfully fog a room in no time flat. They’re sprinters, not marathon runners, though – expect each to last 4-6 days at most before the flavor begins to peter out, and 7-8 days before they tap out altogether. But while it lasts, well… it’s solid.
It’s a good tank, but hardly worth buying this kit for.
Vaping the Voopoo Find S Kit
Though the battery and GENE.Fit chipset deliver an honest 120 watts of power I can’t help feeling a little underwhelmed by the GENE here. We’ve experienced some pretty good moments with this series of boards, but the entire Find S vibe is simplicity and old-school aesthetics. So, while GENE shined on the Drag series, there’s little evidence that anything special is going on under the hood. It just feels like another mid-wattage mod, not an $85 device.
Does it vape okay? Sure — it’s 2019. There’s adequate ramp-up time, a decent selection of standard wattage and temp control features, and a fairly simple user interface. It’s a basic vape mod, that’s lightweight and — thanks to the annoying rubber strap — harder to lose?
- It’s definitely unique looking
- The battery lives up to expectations
- The perfect mod for people who drop things
- Extremely uncomfortable to hold and use
- The rubber strap is annoying and unable to be removed
- What happened to GENE?
I’m not sure I can say I had HIGH expectations for the Voopoo Find S kit, but I certainly wasn’t expecting to be so let down. It works well enough, but between the cheap exterior to the ridiculous strap and lackluster performance, there’s simply nothing here worth crowing about. Voopoo has made some ridiculously good devices over the years, but the Find S is a big swing and a miss.