Table of Contents
Last Updated on July 31, 2017 by Team Spinfuel
The Innokin Oceanus Scion 110W Starter Kit is equipped with the latest output technology from Innokin, the AETHON Chipset, and along with a single 20700 battery, the Oceanus can output a maximum of 110W, and power the Scion sub-ohm tank with ease. We here are Spinfuel VAPE may has our concerns about the 20700 cells, but it’s hard to argue about an extra 30W from a single battery box mod.
Here’s What We Know So Far
First, our shipment of Oceanus Starter Kits arrived last week, and the first thing that surprised us was that this affordable kit, $79.95 Direct Vapor, ships with TWO 20700 cells as a part of the Kit. One to slip into unit, and one as a backup. You can charge the 20700 cell in the Oceanus Mod, or recharge it in any external charger that has been recharging your 18650’s.
Named after the predecessor of Poseidon The Innokin Oceanus 110W Starter Kit lays out some impressive vapor production and excellent flavor with the Scion Sub-Ohm Tank. The 110W maximum output with the 20700 cell is achieved because the 20700 larger and more efficient, meaning extended battery life beyond the 18650 batteries.
This AETHON chipset provides a nice boost system that enhances the initial draw by some 20% within the first two seconds of firing the mod with MODP technology. We expect to see some improvement with this new boost system, as well as battery life, and will report our finding in the upcoming Review.
The Scion Sub-Ohm Tank
Included in the Innokin Oceanus 110W Starter Kit is the excellent Innokin Scion tank. We reviewed this tank back in early May (2017) and Keira had this to say about the Scion:
“The most affordable high performance sub-ohm tank on the market, the Innokin Scion Sub-Ohm Tank is one of those products all Vapers should have in their tank collection.”
Constructed with 304-grade stainless steel, the Scion tank is a stable performer. The Scion is offered in Silver (stainless steel), or Black (finish) and White. Kiera used the tank for a month and discovered the Scion looked and performed like new after some hard vaping. The 24mm diameter shouldn’t be a problem with most modern box mods, certainly not with the Oceanus. Kiera used the Scion on her SMOK Alien, SMOK G150, Joyetech Cuboid Tap, WISMEC Predator 228, and Lost Vape Triade without a problem.
The Innokin Scion Sub-Ohm Tank is a Top-Fill Tank. Having said that, please note that to avoid frustration going in, the Delrin Drip Tip takes up the entire top cap, and it is the way in to the 3 slots for vape juice. Its wide bore mouthpiece extends out at the bottom and screws into the stainless-steel top. The user removes this top cap to fill the tank and.
The Coil Heads are rated at 100W to 300W, and while vaping continuously between 120W and 150W, Kiera reports that the heat dissipation of the Delrin top/mouthpiece kept it nice and cool.
The Innokin Oceanus Scion 110W Starter Kit is available now in Black, Purple, Grey, Rose Gold, and White.
Our Review is already in the works, and should be published by week’s end. Stay tuned!
Innokin Oceanus Scion 110W Starter Kit
Specs & Features
- Innokin Oceanus MOD Specs
- AETHON Chipset
- Dimensions: 3-7/16″ x 1-9/16″ x 15/16″
- 510 Threaded
- Operating Wattage: 6.0 – 110.0 W
- Minimum Resistance: 0.1ohm
- Maximum Working Current: 31.5A
- Maximum Output Voltage: 7.5V
- Wattage, Voltage and Bypass Modes
- MODP Setting – 20% Power Boost for First 2 Seconds
- OLED Display Screen
- Flip Screen Orientation
- Requires (1) High Amp 20700 Battery
- Includes (2) Ampking 20700 30 Amp 3000mAh Batteries
- Vape While Charging Technology
- Charged via Micro USB 5V/2A
- Innokin Scion Vape Tank Specs
- Dimensions: 2-1/8″ x 15/16″ (Including Drip Tip and Threads)
- Diameter: 24mm
- 510 Threaded
- 3.5ml e-Liquid Capacity
- Convenient Top Fill Design
- Sleek and Compact Design
- Glass Tank
- Stainless Steel Construction
- Dual Airflow Slots
- Adjustable Airflow Control Valve
- Wide Bore Delrin Drip Tip
- Utilizes Innokin Scion Kanthal BVC (Bottom Vertical Coil) Atomizer Heads for Variable Wattage
- Includes (1) Scion Kanthal Triple BVC 0.5ohm Atomizer Head (70 – 110W)
- Includes Scion RBA Head – Dual Post Velocity Style Build Deck
- Includes Pre-built Coils and Cotton
What’s Inside the Handsome Gift Box
- 1 x Innokin Oceanus
- 1 x Innokin Scion Sub-Ohm Tank
- 1 x Scion Kanthal Triple BVC 0.5ohm Atomizer Head (Pre-installed)
- 1 x Scion RBA Head
- 2 x Ampking 20700 30 Amp 3000mAh Batteries
- 2 x 20700 Silicone Battery Sleeve
- 1 x Replacement Glass
- 2 x Prebuilt Coils
- 1 x Cotton Pad
- 1 x Set of Spare Parts
- 1 x Screwdriver
- 1 x Micro USB Cable