Table of Contents
Last Updated on November 27, 2017 by Team Spinfuel
Okay, full disclosure time. In the past, I’ve been a little tough on Vaporesso. It’s not that I don’t like the company, or its products – the Tarot remains one of my favorite, most-used mods of all time. It’s not that I have a problem with the company, either. I always look forward to seeing how they innovate. I’ve simply struggled with some of their devices’ shortcomings. Hopefully, all this misunderstanding ends with the new Vaporesso Revenger X kit, which looks to build on the solid foundation of the original, and adds some cool new functionality to make this futuristic device even more forward-thinking.
One thing I loved about the original Revenger was its appearance, and I’m happy to see Vaporesso didn’t change much on the Revenger X. It appears to be slightly slimmer and more streamlined, but the aluminum alloy chassis, clean lines, and ergonomic construction all seem to be intact on the Revenger X.
The most notable difference, however, is the removal of the three-button controls, which have been replaced by a taptic, force-feedback touch system, underneath the bright monochrome OLED display. Though we just got the Revenger X in our hands, we can already attest to how good the system feels to operate, with responsive inputs and an easy screen locking system in place.
More on the Vaporesso Revenger X Kit
Internally, the operating system has been updated to the latest OMNI 2.2 chipset, which promises up to 220 watts of power, a fully featured temp control suite, TCR adjustment, alongside custom temperature and wattage curve control. Plus, it features a “Smart” variable wattage mode, which we’re eager to test, as well.
At press time, we’re not 100% certain if all these modes are available to adjust on the device, or through a dedicated PC app, but we remain intrigued by how well these adjustments improve the overall vape quality on the Revenger X.
Completing the package is the latest edition of the NRG sub-ohm tank, along with a pair of proven GT core coils, in both cotton and ceramic varieties. This 5mL tank was a bit of a polarizing device within our team, so we’re curious to see if this tank changes minds or further draws lines in the office sand.
One thing no one disagrees upon is how much we’re hoping the Vaporesso Revenger X settles any doubts about this growing brand of products. Based on looks and potential, the Revenger X has the chance to close out 2017 as one of the best, most value-packed vape devices in the category.
Check back in the next few weeks to see our extensive review and verdict for this exciting new kit, and to see if the Vaporesso Revenger X exacts the right amount of “revenge” on our more critical staff members.
Vaporesso Revenger X 220W TC Box Mod specs:
- Dimensions: 89mm by 45mm by 28mm
- Dual High-Amp 18650 Batteries – Not Included
- Wattage Output Range: 5-220W
- Temperature Control Range: 200-600F
- Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
- OMNI Board 2.2 Chipset
- Support Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Temperature Coefficient of Resistance Adjustments (TCR)
- Customized Curvature of Temperature (CCT)
- Customized Curvature of Wattage (CCW)
- Smart VW Mode
- Bypass Mode
- Real Time Clock Setting
- Real Charging Time
- Equalizing Charge System
- Haptic Pattern: Mobile-Specific Vibration Motor
- Sensory Accommodation: 8 Tier Vibration Adjustment
- Intuitive 0.91 Inch OLED Display
- One Physical Firing Button
- Three Efficient Touch Buttons – Intuive Adjustments
- Durable Aluminum Alloy Construction
- In-Mould Labeling (IML) Injection – High-Resistant
- All Metal Oversized Firing Button
- MicroUSB Port
- 510 Connection
Vaporesso NRG Sub-Ohm Tank specs:
- 26.5mm Diameter
- 5mL Juice Capacity
- Superior Stainlesss Steel Construction
- Pyrex Glass Reinforcement
- GT Cores – Features cCell Ceramic & Traditional Cotton
- 0.3ohm GT cCell Core – rated for 25-40W
- 0.4ohm GT 2 Core – rated for 45-80W
- 0.15ohm GT 4 Core – rated for 30-60W
- 0.2ohm GT 6 Core – rated for 50-130W
- 0.15ohm GT 8 Core – rated for 60-110W
- Mesh Delrin Widebore Drip Tip – Spitback Protection
- Slide-n-Fill Design – Convenient Top-Fill
- Heating Insulation Layer on Base
- 510 Connection