Table of Contents
Last Updated on April 1, 2019 by Team Spinfuel
We’re already 3+ months into 2019 and the vaping world has been booming with new, albeit often uninteresting, products. But there’s one name we haven’t mentioned in a long while – SMOK. My editor and I were quietly wondering if the erstwhile leaders of the mass-market vaping scene had packed it up and called it a day. Then we were soundly shut up by the announcement of two all-new products that should make a pretty loud statement – the Trinity Alpha pod system, and the high-powered Morph 219-watt mod kit.
In short, SMOK never left, and they’re fired up to remind everyone why their company’s name is pretty synonymous with the rise of vaping throughout the world. Let’s take a quick look to see what’s up.
The SMOK Trinity Alpha 25W Pod System
Last month we gave rave reviews to the Lost Vape Orion Quest pod/AIO setup, and loved the new format, not to mention the potent vape quality it offered for a 17-watt device. Well, SMOK wasn’t about to let them ride on those laurels and is throwing its hat into the ring by pretty much copying the Orion in form and function, save for a couple of unique SMOK features.
The SMOK Trinity Alpha pod system follows the same design cues a little too closely as its spiritual predecessor, the Orion, but the Alpha isn’t just a carbon copy. Using a proprietary pod mod chipset, SMOK is aiming to create some synchronicity with its prior pod mod success, the NORD, by making it cross-compatible with the Nord coils, as well. This means the Trinity Alpha will be able to work for both MTL and direct lung vapers, thanks to a lineup of sub-ohm coils, ready for use with a wide range of e-liquids – win-win!
Plus, the Trinity Alpha ups the ante on the potential of this compact pod format, giving users a 1,000mAh battery for all-day use, a 510-compatible drip tip, for customization, and variable output modes to craft the perfect power setting for your needs. And with a few extra watts (25, to be exact) at your disposal, you’ll see that the Trinity Alpha isn’t “just” a pod system.
Finally, we have to say this – SMOK might not be the first company to incorporate resin panels and a palm-friendly, alloy frame, but the Trinity Alpha’s initial slate of designs is second to none. With bold, swirling resin patterns, bright and subdued color options, and a general sense of professionalism about the presentation, the SMOK design team has clearly been doing its homework before making its first real statement of 2019.
We’re somewhat excited to give the Trinity Alpha pod mod kit a thorough run when it arrives. Until then, here’s the tale of the tape.
- Dimensions – 91mm by 38mm by 16mm
- Weight – 90g
- All-in-One Design
- Integrated 1000mAh Rechargeable Battery
- Output Wattage Power: 10-25W
- Resistance Range: 0.4ohm – 1.4 ohm
- Voltage Input Range: 3.3-4.2V
- Voltage Output Range: 2.4-6.0V
- Charging Current: 700mA
- Variable Output Modes – SOFT, NORM, HARD
- Highly Responsive Firing & Adjustment Button
- LED Light Battery Indicator
- Proprietary Pod Cartridge Installation
- 8mL Refillable Pod – Convenient Threaded Top-Fill Cap
- 6ohm Nord Mesh Coil – 25W Max Wattage
- 8ohm Nord Mesh-MTL Coil – 16W Max Wattage
- Air-Driven Pod System
- 510 MTL Delrin Drip Tip
- 8 Seconds Cut-Off Protection
- Short-Circuit Protection
- Low Voltage Warning
- Micro-USB Port Charging System
- Proprietary Magnetized Connection
- Available in RESIN Edition – Prism Chrome, Black, Red / Yellow , Blue, Rainbow, Gold, Green
SMOK Morph 219W Touchscreen TC Starter Kit
Don’t worry, sub-ohm vapers (and that includes you Dave) – SMOK hasn’t abandoned cloud chasers. In addition to the versatile Trinity Alpha pod system, the company also let us know we’ll be checking out the all-new touchscreen Morph 219-watt mod, complete with a 25mm sub-ohm atomizer that they’re simply calling “the SMOK tank.” (strange, no?)
Does this mean we can expect a relaunched, universal tank system from the once-prolific SMOK? We can’t say that just yet… but we’re hoping to get the chance real soon.
With a similar design as the awesome SMOK Devilkin series, the Morph squares off some corners, adds some resin and an all-new touch interface, and implements an even newer IQ-S chipset, to create an all-compassing high-wattage vape mod. But don’t let familiar looks confuse you – just because the design is decidedly “SMOK” there’s some serious potential under the hood.
The IQ-S chipset is focused on assertive, quick-firing performance (a purported .001 seconds) while maintaining dual-18650 battery efficiency and smooth functionality. And with a nearly two-inch, hi-res touchscreen display on hand, users will have quick, effortless access to the Morph’s wide range of features. There’s even a password-protection feature to keep curious hands (and annoying friends) from using your device.
Maybe the Morph looks a little like the Aliens, Species, Devilkins and other SMOK devices. But we never needed the company to change what’s already working – we just wanted to see them get even better. And based on these specs, it looks like SMOK is ready to conquer this segment of the vaping market all over again.
We’ll have a full review of the SMOK Morph 219W touchscreen mod (and the mysterious SMOK Tank) as soon as it arrives on our desks in the next few weeks.
Until then, check out the specs and start making room on your shelves. SMOK is all-in on its 2019 lineup.
SMOK Sub-Ohm Tank Features:
- 25mm Base Diameter
- 5mL Maximum Juice Capacity – Convex Glass Extension
- Superior Stainless Steel Construction
- High-Grade Glass Reinforcement
- High-Temperature Resistant – Explosion Proof
- Convenient Top-Fill Rotary Design – Lock Button Mechanism
- Massive Dual Adjustable Airflow Control at Base
- 810 Cobra Resin Ultra-Wide Drip Tip
- Plug-Pull Coil System
- Antibacterial Medical Cotton
SMOK MORPH 219W TC Touch Screen Box Mod Features:
- Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery – Not Included
- New IQ-S Intelligent Chipset
- Wattage Output Range: 1-219W
- Voltage Output Range: 0.5-8.2V
- Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.06ohm
- Temperature Range: 200-600F
- Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Preheat Functionality – Soft, Normal, Hard, Max
- Temperature Coefficient of Resistance (TCR) Adjustments
- 001 Seconds Quick Firing Speed
- Superior Zinc Alloy Construction
- Beautiful Resin Panel Design
- Full-Color 1.9″ HD Touch Screen – New Interface
- Password Protection
- User-Friendly Interface
- Stealth Firing Bar Mechanism
- Bottom-Loaded Hinged Battery Door
- Intelligent Atomizer Recognition
- Puff Monitoring System
- 10 Seconds Cut-Off
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Heating Protection
- Over Discharge Protection
- Micro-USB Port
- 510 Connection
- Available in Black, Red, Blue, Gold, Silver, White, Green, Rainbow