Table of Contents
Last Updated on February 2, 2017 by Team Spinfuel
Because we are still evaluating what it means to vape at 300+ Watts, it is difficult to say whether SMOKTech and a few other manufacturers are being irresponsible by creating 300+ Watt mods by building a body that utilizing 4x high-amp 18650 batteries. Now, before we can even talk about what it’s like to vape with the eLeaf Melo 300 or the SMOK TFV12 with Duodenary Coils, along comes the newest 4-cell creation, the SMOK GX350 TC Starter Kit.
As the name indicates, we now have a 350W mod to contend with. Now what?
The SMOK GX350 TC Starter Kit is going to be a huge hit with vapers that will always want more power. But what about everyone else? Will the SMOK GX350 Kit model (the kit includes a SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast Sub-Ohm Tank w/2x coil heads) appeal to vapers who may not have explored mods past the 200W barrier? We’re not so sure.
Other manufacturers that have created high wattage mods, namely WISMEC, Joyetech, and eLeaf (all owned by the same parent company) recently introduced mods that can act as a Powerbank, providing power to user’s other electronics like an iPhone, iPad, and so forth. Take a moment to read more about this Powerbank feature in our Reuleaux RX300 review By allowing users to tap into all that stored energy the manufacturer can at least ‘suggest’ another reason besides extreme-vaping for 300W of power. SMOKTech’s preliminary details for the GX350 suggest no such Powerbank option.
Element Vape has listed their selling price of the SMOK GX350 TC Starter Kit at $84.95, and considering the addition of the TFV8 Cloud Beast, a $29.95 Sub-Ohm Tank buyers will pay $55 for the mod itself. Such an advanced mod with extreme wattage, the GX350 isn’t expensive. But again, what of the need for 350W? SMOK may have a reason for vapers to want one even if buyers never intend to push the wattage anywhere near 350W.
The SMOK GX350 mod functions on either 4x 18650 high-amp batteries, or 2x 18650 high-amp batteries. Use 4x cells for the full 350W, or use 2x cells for 220W. This option will be appealing to buyers that love the design of the mod, and from the photos we see it is one good-looking mod, but might be a bit nervous about loading 4x cells in such a small box. And besides, 220W is still a lot of power, and how SMOKTech manages to push out 200W with just 2x cells is something we are very interested in learning more about.
As you can see in the photos provided in this Preview, the placement of the TWO 18650 cells suggests that the ‘balance’ of the GX350 might suffer considerably, but we will wait for the actual in-depth review before making that determination.
Below we have listed the features and the specs provided by SMOKTech for the SMOK GX350 TC Starter Kit. You might want to look them over now, then return when our full review is published.
The GX350 Kit will be available during the first week of February (2017) through Element Vape. Once we review our shipment, hopefully by Monday, we’ll spend a week to 10 days with them and offer up a detailed review shortly thereafter.
We have no indication right now for which colors will be in stock at first, hopefully the full range of colors ship at once; Black/Gold, Black/Silver, Black/Red, and what appears to be a colorful Rainbow (hopefully this is one of the colors that ships first, by the photos this rainbow looks magnificent!) Recent images also point to a Black/Purple model.
NOTE* We are beginning to hear some gossip from certain vendors that the Rainbow finish for the GX350 mod is not going to happen. Despite receiving photographs of the Rainbow model, we just won’t know until most vendors have received their shipments. SMOKTech has not yet confirmed or denied the Rainbow finish to Spinfuel VAPE.
SMOK GX350 350W TC Box Mod Features:
- Quad High-Amp 18650 Platform – Sold Separately
- Optional Dual High-Amp 18650 Battery
- Dimensions: 84.5mm by 58mm by 40.4mm
- Wattage Output Range: 1-350W
- Max Power at Dual 18650: 220W
- Min Atomizer Resistance: 0.06ohm
- Temperature Range: 200-600F
- Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Superior Zinc Alloy Construction
- Poly-Angular Frame
- Natural Soft Contour
- Top-Style Intuive OLED Display
- Hinged Battery Door
- Stealth Firing Bar Mechanism
- Temperature Protection
- Short Circuit Protection
- Over Current Protection
- Over/Under Voltage Protection
- MicroUSB Port – Firmware Upgrades ONLY
- 510 Connection
- Available in Black Red, Silver, Gold, Rainbow
SMOK TFV8 Cloud Beast Tank Features:
- 25.5mm Diameter
- 6mL Maximum Juice Capacity
- 5.5mL Juice Capacity with T8-V8 Coil
- Superior Stainless Steel Construction
- High-Grade Glass Reinforcement
- Convenient Top-Fill Design with Hinge Lock
- Dual Adjustable Airflow Control at Base
- Black Delrin Ultra-Wide Drip Tip
- Patented Turbo Engines Coil Structure
- 0.12ohm V8-T10 Deca/Decuple Coil (10T) – rated for 50~300W, recommended 130~190W
- 0.15ohm V8-T8 Octuple Coil (6.6T) – rated for 50~260W | recommended 120~180W
- 0.2ohm V8-T6 Sextuple Coil (6.0T) – rated for 50~240W | recommended 110~150W
- 0.15ohm V8-T8 Octuple Coil (6.6T) – rated for 50~180W | recommended 90~150W
- V8 RBA (4.0T-X) – 18mm Two-Post, Dual Terminal Deck
- 510 Connection
Included in the SMOK GX350 TC Starter Kit Box:
- 1 GX 350 Mod
- 1 TFV8 Cloud Beast
- 1 V8-T8 Octuple Coil Head
- 1 V8-Q4 Quadruple Coil Head
- 1 Replacement Glass Tube
- Spare Parts and O-Rings
- Instructional Manual