Running a gaming business in Malta is lucrative, but the licensing itself is quite expensive and can take a long time to complete. All this is true, if you do not use the services of professionals, then you get the opportunity to reduce the time to obtain a license.
Malta is the most convenient jurisdiction for gambling companies, and with a license it is possible to make money on whitelisted online gambling in sports and casinos, including in many other European territories. In addition, thanks to the signed bilateral tax agreements, the organizers of online games are given easy access to the markets of third countries, such as Asia and North Africa.
The most popular casinos with a Maltese license in Europe. The OnlineCasinoHub project regularly ranks the best MGA casinos by analyzing bonus offers, the number and variety of games, and other parameters.
Malta Laws and Regulations for Online Casinos
When talking about legendary names in online gambling, the initials of MGA are bound to appear. This is because the Malta Gambling Authority was born in 1996, setting an example for other online regulatory authorities.
Of course, any Malta casino online you visit is going to be in one of the permitted countries, of which there are several dozen in total. MGA does not work internationally as they are 100% Authority to the safety of players.
In fact, the gambling license can be compared with the most respected ones, such as the Malta Gaming Authority or the UK Gambling Commission. They are all there to both protect players and help them in complicated situations with the casinos.
What Types of Gambling Is Licensed by the Malta Authority
You need to know about a casino in Malta because there are different licenses to comply with each gambling law. These licenses are called Client Provider Authorization (CPA), Key Person License (KPL), Interactive Gaming License (IGL), Live Dealer Studio Authorization (LDSA), Inter-Jurisdictional Authorization (IJA), and the Casino Software Provider Authorization (CSPA).
Let’s take a brief look at what each one is for:
- CPA– This can be the primary license given to online operators. As soon as a site has this license, they are called an Authorized Client Provider.
- KPL– This license is given to at least one person who fulfills the management or operational functions within a casino Malta with a CPA license. However, this license is entirely confidential.
- IGL– This license is the equivalent of the CPA license, but also for land-based casinos.
- LDSA– Operators who want to offer live games with real dealers and physical studios have to acquire this license. Only then will they be able to offer live games.
- IJA– Platforms that already have a license from another jurisdiction can acquire this license. IJA will act as a complimentary license, which is the way to offer the services for players.
- CSPA– The last license is intended more for operators who want to offer their services and offer their services to third parties. This is, of course, Malta’s most comprehensive license.
Licensing Principles of the Malta Gaming Authority
Whether for a slots game or general services, KGC takes its principles very seriously. Its licenses are made to help and also regulate the growth of the industry.
All online activities involving gambling at a Malta casino online are conducted from Malta, complying with the jurisdictions and these fundamental principles:
- Comply legally with all laws that come from Malta’s jurisdictions.
- Ensure that everything that happens online is done fairly, responsibly, and honestly.
- Ensure that no online activity is associated with criminal acts.
- Ensure that every Malta casino behaves transparently and honestly with its customers and members.
- Protect minors and vulnerable individuals from exposure to addiction and problematic online gambling.
Experts believe that those casinos that are licensed in Malta are the most honest with players in terms of payouts. We also recommend playing at the casino with this license. Good luck!