Last Updated on February 7, 2016 by Team Spinfuel
Vapor Bitch e-Liquid Reviews & The Interview
Julia Barnes, Asst. Editor, talked with Geoff and Rich over at Vapor Bitch. Here’s the interview in its entirety. Don’t forget to read the Vapor Bitch e-Liquid Review!1) SPINFUEL: When and why did your company decide to get into the e-juice business? And why “VaporBitch”?
Almost two years ago we decided to make our own juices for personal use. This way we were confident that the flavors and ingredients were of the best quality. After a few months we realized that other vapers were interested in the flavors that we were creating, so we decided to start selling them.
The name “VaporBitch” comes from a conversation we had. While at a bar, we were vaping and were told we had to go outside with the smokers. As we were talking about how vaping is always associated with smoking, one of us said, “It’s not smoke it’s vapor, bitch!” and VaporBitch.com was born.
2) SPINFUEL: How did you learn to make eLiquids? Did it take long to master the art of mixing? At what point did you decide to go “pro”? (Decide to sell eLiquid to the public)
We started out DIY-ing. Eventually we found our way into the vaping community and started utilizing other resources. There are so many experienced vapers willing to give advice. Over time we were able to hone our skills and create a quality juice. It took us about 8 months before we were satisfied enough to share our juices with other vapers.
3) SPINFUEL: Speaking of going ‘pro’, was it a particular flavor, or group of flavors, that you believed were the catalyst for going for? Was there a particular flavor, or recipe, or group of flavors, where you said to yourself “We need to offer these to the public”?
We ended up developing our own flavor from scratch. This later became the base for the juice we call Cracked. Once we perfected that juice we realized right away that we could offer products that other vapers would want. That was the day we decided to go live.
4) SPINFUEL: Do each of you have your own ‘favorite’ flavor? What is your favorite category of eLiquids for your personal vaping? Fruity, Sweet, Tobacco, other?
We discussed this question extensively, and the consensus among our staff is that PON PON JUICE is our favorite. We enjoy complex flavors that really make you think about what you are vaping. This shows in the flavors you can find on our site. Our claim to fame is creating indescribable flavors; flavors that taste like a color you’ve never seen before.
5) SPINFUEL: What is your idea of an ‘all-day’ vape?
Geoff: I like a vape that is not over powering; something mellow. Cracked is a good all day vape.
Rich: I like a light sweet flavor that never grows old. Dumb Juice is his all day vape of choice.
7) SPINFUEL: How often do you vape? Or rather, ‘how many hours per day are you vaping?
Geoff: I vape constantly except for in those establishments that are still not onboard with it.
Rich: I on the other hand, vape about 10 minutes of every hour.
8) SPINFUEL: What is your favorite vaping hardware? (No need to mention brand unless you want to)
Geoff: I like vaping on a saber touch at 5v with a tank full of Cracked or PON PON JUICE.
Rich: I’m currently on the saber touch as well, but I’m about to move over to a custom steam punk mod by vent 69 with a Mad Max EOD by VaporBitch.com.
9) SPINFUEL:Cartomizer, Cartridge, Clearomizer? Which is your favorite, and is your eLiquids created with any particular one in mind?
Geoff: I like Clearomizers but prefer a tanked carto.
Rich: I love dripping.
Our juices are designed to work equally well with any method.
10) SPINFUEL: Can you briefly tell us a little about your non-eJuice background?
Geoff has a bachelor’s of science in marketing as well as an MBA. Rich has studied media arts and animation. Rich also owned a graphic design and photography business. In our spare time we enjoy make short films together.
11) SPINFUEL: Do you “Steep” your eLiquids before they are shipped to customers? If so, how long, on average, does it take to steep?
All of our juices are made to order; most customers enjoy them right out of the package.
13) SPINFUEL: On average, what is the shelf life for eLiquids in general?
Don’t know, never had a bottle that long. We recommend using a juice within a year. Be sure to shake if it sits for a while.
15) SPINFUEL: How is your eLiquids packaged? What sizes do you offer?
Our juices are packaged in polyethylene dripper bottles in sizes of 7ml, 12ml, and 34ml.
16) SPINFUEL: When working on a new flavor: How long does it take to go from an idea to the final product, on average?
Most times, after creating a flavor that we like, we post it in the beta lab on VaporBitch.com and sell it at a reduced price. After receiving feedback from our customers we make some last minute “tweaks”; this can take a few weeks. Other times we spend a number of long nights working on flavors and will come up with something that know is great and release it immediately.
17) SPINFUEL: We received X-amount of sample flavors to review. How and why did you choose those particular flavors?
We chose a group of our best sellers and threw in some personal favorites as well.
18) SPINFUEL: How important is it to use pharmaceutical grade ingredients?
The use of pharmaceutical ingredients is of the utmost importance. Vapers should expect that from whoever they are buying their juices from.
19) SPINFUEL: Are you concerned with the upcoming FDA regulations? Not necessarily for your company but for vaping in general?
Our fear is that this will lead to an increase in prices and limit product availability for vapers.
20) SPINFUEL: How far do you think the FDA should go when it comes to regulation?
We wish that the industry could self-regulate.
21) SPINFUEL: Do you think, when it comes to teenagers, that ‘vaping leads to smoking’?
Minors under the age of 18 should not be using nicotine products, period. That being said, we see vaping as a better alternative to smoking. In our personal experience, we have yet to see a non-smoker start vaping and then move to cigarettes. We have seen plenty of the reverse though.
22) SPINFUEL: Safety is a huge factor today. What kind of measures you take to make sure that your e-juice is safe to consume? What methods do you use to prevent contamination or other factors that can harm your product?
We use the highest quality ingredients mixed in a dedicated sanitary invironment. None of our products contain diacetyl, WTA, or acetoine.
23) SPINFUEL: What is your suggested PG/VG mix? What is the reasoning behind it? (if any)
We like 50/50 because it provided a great blend of vapor production and throat hit. Not to mention that the VG we use produces a ton of vapor.
24) SPINFUEL: How do you make sure that your flavors are always consistent, that each batch or bottle delivers the same flavor and nicotine levels time after time?
We use an electronic pipette system that is calibrated to within10 microliters
25) SPINFUEL: Speaking of which, do you mix customer’s orders by the bottle or by the batch?
All of our bottles are made to order. Customers can specify nicotine content and VG/PG ratio.
26) SPINFUEL: How many flavors do you offer today?
We currently offer 25 flavors…and counting.
27 SPINFUEL: Why should our readers buy their e-Juice from you?
Vapers should purchase our juices because we offer the most complex and unique flavors at extraordinarily competitive prices.
28) SPINFUEL: Do you have more than one person mixing eLiquids?
Our entire staff has been thoroughly trained in safety measures and quality control procedures. Our highly calibrated equipment ensures that our juices are made consistently time and time again.
29) SPINFUEL: What advice do you have for people that are new to vaping? Should they start out with a mini-ecig and prefilled cartomizers or should they dive right in with eGo batteries and CE4’s? Does it matter?
We originally started with stick batteries but they did not sufficiently simulate the smoking experience. We believe that new vapers should start out with an Ego with 800mah or better. The ego will give new vapers a better experience and get them on their way.
36) SPINFUEL: Is there anything else you’d like to say to our readers?
Come visit us at our new brick and mortar store in Pasadena, MD.
8468 Ft. Smallwood Road, Pasadena, MD 21122
It’s not smoke, it’s vapor, bitch!