Cannabidiol (CBD) oil is popular for treating human health issues. Moreover, many pet owners vouch for CBD oil’s health benefits for their pets. Especially when you want herbal alternatives for dogs and cats, CBD oil is one of the favorites of many pet owners. Some even call CBD oil the new miracle medicine.
Many pet owners use CBD oil to maintain their pets’ health and well-being. This is because when you use CBD oil for your cat or dog, your pet will get the following health benefits:
Homeostasis occurs when the body fixes and regulates itself when wounded or infected. This process also occurs within your dogs and cats. Their bodies regulate internal conditions so that they stay healthy. The absence of homeostasis means your pet can’t react properly to its’ body’s imbalances.
The nervous system and the endocrine system work together to respond to external and internal factors. These two systems regulate and monitor the internal functions of your body. For dogs, its internal body functions adjust to achieve an optimum level of functioning to keep them healthy.
One way to help promote your pet’s homeostasis is to use the health benefits of CBD oil. You can choose from the various forms of CBD oil available, like edibles or hemp oil tincture for dogs or cats. It can act as a homeostasis agent because the CBD oil can do the following:
- CBD receptors optimize the function of your pet’s pancreas, liver, cardiovascular system, and immune system. Thus, cell healing and inflammation responses are made easy.
- CBD oil can help prevent brain-cell death or degenerative symptoms. It’s because CBD compounds play a vital role in brain cell growth and renewal.
- Moreover, CBD oil contains terpenes that can help eliminate free radicals. CBD oil also has other antioxidant properties that remove free radicals. As a result, you can prevent oxidative stress from such free radicals.
Has Anticancer Effects
Another health benefit you can get from CBD oil is that it helps to treat cancer in dogs or cats. Although advanced cancer may require surgery or chemotherapy, CBD oil can help as a natural supplement. Even if CBD oil can’t adequately treat cancer on its own, it can help in the following ways:
- Helps with Appetite – One of the common side effects of cancer is a decrease in appetite. If your dog or cat has cancer, they need to eat more so that they can have enough nourishment. Give your pets the right amounts of CBD oil to improve their appetite and regulate their metabolism.
- Boosts Immune System – With CBD oil, your pet can fight off pathogens and prevent damage to healthy tissues. When your dog or cat is undergoing cancer treatment, its immune system is compromised. So, you need to boost it with CBD’s health benefits.
- Supports Anti-Tumor Medication – If your cat or dog has tumors, then CBD oil can help to shrink the tumors. Together with radiation therapy, the CBD oil’s tumor-shrinking mechanisms can significantly help your pet.
Your cat or dog should be free from anxiety. However, dogs and cats are prone to stress. Your pet will either get restless, stressed out, or nervous because of many reasons. For instance, thunderstorms, travel, strangers, fireworks, and separation, especially when you’re traveling, can cause stress. You won’t enjoy your trip if your pet is anxious.
You’ll know when your cat or dog is anxious when it’s losing its appetite, nervously licking its lips, becoming aggressive, trembling, whimpering, panting, or pacing. If you want to calm your pet, try giving them CBD oil before your trip or leaving them behind. Because CBD oil works with your pet’s endocannabinoid system, it can calm and soothe your pet’s anxiety. Moreover, CBD oil can increase the serotonin level that lets your pets enjoy and have a good mood.
CBD oil is safe for your pets if you give them the right amount. CBD oil will help them avoid restlessness, constant barking, tremors, and aggressive behavior caused by anxiety.
Lastly, CBD oil can be a good alternative for treating spasms, tics, tremors, and seizures that your cat or dog may be experiencing. Because it has anticonvulsant properties, the CBD oil can help control the firing of neurons in your pet’s brain. These neurons, when uncontrolled, result in tremors or seizures.
CBD oil restores your pet’s neurons to regular functioning. It’s natural, so CBD oil is an excellent alternative to Phenobarbital and potassium bromide known for treating Canine Epilepsy.
To sum it up, CBD oil can have a significant impact on your dog or cat’s overall well-being. That’s why CBD oil has become so popular among pet owners. CBD oil helps in homeostasis and relieves stress, thereby optimizing the internal functions of your pet. You can even use it to prevent cancer cells from growing because of CBD oil’s anti-cancer compounds. If your pet has cancer, using CBD oil can help with the treatment. You can also relieve your pet’s stress with the right amount of CBD oil. You can even prevent canine epilepsy as the CBD oil controls the firing of your pet’s neurons. However, you must consult your vet for advice before using CBD oil.