Vaping has become a top alternative to smoking due to the fact that it doesn’t produce tar or contain thousands of harmful chemicals. Cigarette smoking could also lead to different respiratory problems like COPD and lung cancer. That’s why a lot more people are trying to quit smoking and shift to vaping. But what are the important considerations to keep in mind when you want to start vaping?
Read on to find out more.
Type of Vaping Device
Choosing a vaping device that is suitable for you can be overwhelming at first. But once you have learned about them, it will be easier to make a final decision later on. Regardless if you’ll choose a basic or advanced vaping device, there will always be three components, including the e-juice, the battery (power source), and the atomizer (heats up the e-liquid).
With the advancement of vaping technology, vaping devices have evolved into more complex and convenient systems. For instance, the vape mod inventory from Breazy provides customers a wide variety of options when it comes to vape device options, from vape pens, mods, to pod systems.
Here are the different categories of vaping devices and the generation they belong:
- Cig-A-Likes (First Generation): You can easily find these basic cigarette-looking devices at most convenience stores. They’re usually recommended to first-time vapers, assisting smokers in smoothly switching from cigarettes to vapes.
- Vape Pens (Second Generation): This type of vape is more high-tech, more satisfying, and a bit larger as compared to Cig-A-Likes Vape pens popular as a starter kit for novice vapers.
- Vaping Mods (Third Generation): Mods or modified vapes are more powerful vaping devices than second-generation vapes. Despite the superior power, mods are safe to use.
- Pod Vape Systems (The Newest Generation): Pods are portable and easy to use with pod built-in on the vape. It eliminates removing a messy tank or atomizer. Open pod systems are similar to standard tanks in which you can remove and fill them with your desired e-juice, while closed pods come with pre-filled pods.
Flavor and Nicotine Strength
The evolution of vaping is amazing, even if there were plenty of hurdles along the way. It started as a small cigarette-like device sold in gas stations and convenience stores, and now consumers have a wide array of choices when it comes to flavor and strengths.
Vape stores offer vape juices or e-juices in varying flavors and strengths. Some examples of vape juice flavors include menthol or mint flavor, chocolate, vanilla, cola, coffee, earth, flavors of herbs and spices, and fruit flavors, such as pineapple and banana. It’s important to choose the best flavor and strength when you’re planning to start vaping to have a more enjoyable initial vaping experience.
Here are the good-to-know facts about choosing the best nicotine strength for your vape:
- Nicotine Levels Vary: E-juices have varying nicotine levels, and manufacturers also use different nicotine strengths in their vape juice preparations. Generally, the nicotine content of e-juices is up to 50 milligrams per liter.
- Kind of Vaper: If you’re habituated to smoking, you can start from 3 to 15 milligrams per milliliter. For new vapers who were light to moderate smokers, it is best to start with 6 milligrams per milliliter of e-juice. For heavy users, 12 mg per milliliter of vape juice a day is equivalent to 30 cigarettes a day. Of course, if you aim to quit smoking eventually, it’s better to decrease the nicotine strength of your vape juice gradually.
Desired Vaping Experience
Every person has a personal reason why they want to vape. Knowing your desired vaping experience will influence the type of device you’ll need and the flavor and nicotine strength of e-liquid you’ll choose. Depending on the vaping experience you choose, remember that your answer is crucial to attaining the best vaping experience you deserve.
It’s also a good idea to determine your personal preference when it comes to the sensory effects of vape juices. Here are some sample questions to ask yourself to guide you choose the best vaping experience for you:
- Are you craving the same satisfaction that you get when you smoke a cigarette?
- Do you prefer flavored cigars or smoke menthols?
- Are big clouds important to you? Or do you prefer discreet vaping?
- Are you into portability and convenience? Or do you prefer to flaunt your vape device to impress people around?
As a new vaper, taking into consideration the above-mentioned factors will help you in choosing the best vaping device for you. You don’t have to necessarily start using an advanced vaping device because more sophisticated vapes can be overwhelming to use at first. Enjoy the learning process and gradually shift from a basic to a more advanced vaping device as you learn, become more satisfied, and finally ready to take your vaping experience into the next level.