Table of Contents
Last Updated on February 5, 2020 by Team Spinfuel
Vaping CBD is the fastest way to feel its benefits. Cannabidiol, also known as CBD, is a naturally occurring compound found in hemp, which is a cousin of the marijuana plant. It is the second most active ingredient in cannabis. Cannabidiol, on its own, does not cause a “high.” According to the World Health Organisation, CBD does not exhibit any effects indicative of any abuse or dependence potential.
CBD has had a recent rave in the media and internet as the latest health supplement that could change everything. The trend in vaping is due to its appeal to the masses and proven benefits. There are many ways that Cannabidiol can be consumed. It can be absorbed through topical absorption, oral consumption of pills or edibles, sublingual tinctures, and inhalation.
Vaping CBD oil is an effective, alternative delivery method that is preferred by a lot of people. This is because it is the fastest way to achieve instant benefits compared to other methods. Vapourised CBD oil has greater bioavailability meaning the user can consume higher amounts of the drug compared to other methods like oral consumption of pills and edibles.
Benefits of CBD
Scientific research has shown numerous therapeutic effects and positive effects of CBD on specific medical conditions. CBD helps: induce relaxation and comfort, alleviate pain, reduce anxiety, improve moods and, cause sleep/alertness when consumed in the right doses. According to the World Health Organisation, CBD has remarkable effects on Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, Cancer, Depression, Anxiety, Pain, and nausea.
1. CBD alleviates pain
Cannabidiol helps provide pain relief to patients suffering from conditions such as arthritis, multiple sclerosis, muscle pain, and spinal cord injuries. Vaping CBD, or otherwise finding a way to get it into your system, has a significant effect on pain receptors in the nervous system. Cannabidiol (CBD) increases the impact of glycine receptors, thus decreasing the sensation of pain. And of course, CBD has anti-inflammatory properties, which reduce swelling.
2. CBD reduces anxiety and depression
CBD has antidepressant effects. Research has shown that Cannabidiol, when taken in controlled doses, helps reduce severe social anxiety. Low levels of serotonin are linked to depression and anxiety, but CBD activates the serotonin receptor, which increases serotonin levels in the brain. This makes a lot of people consider CBD as a healthy alternative to medical drugs to treat depression and anxiety.
3. CBD helps manage acne
Due to its anti-inflammatory properties, CBD is used in reducing the appearance of acne. Cannabidiol inhibits activity in the sebaceous glands, thus reducing the production of oil, leading to a brighter face. For this reason, many beauty and skincare brands are beginning to incorporate it into their products.
4. CBD for Cancer Patients
Vaping CBD has been proved to alleviate cancer-related symptoms like nausea, vomiting, and pain.
Cannabidiol also reduces the growth of cancer cells through apoptosis, or cell death, thus preventing the spread of cancerous cells.
5. CBD induces sleep and alertness
In large doses CBD can cause minor drowsiness. When taken in minimal doses, CBD causes the user to be more alert.
Direct benefits of vaping CBD
Benefits from Vaping CBD, or Cannabidiol. These are just a few:
- For those using CBD for fast-acting purposes, it is beneficial because it has an onset of up to three minutes. Its effects are immediate, and this can be in time to prevent an anxiety attack.
- It is less toxic and addictive compared to smoking nicotine or tobacco products. Vaping CBD can act as a rehabilitative method for smoking addicts.
- It is discrete and convenient. You can easily pull out your vape in a social place and take a puff. Vaping CBD has less of a stigma than smoking cigarettes . Vaping CBD does not leave an odor compared to smoking. Unlike smoking, vaping produces vapor and not smoke.
- Its absorbed into the body. The high bioavailability allows for good absorption . Higher absorption leads to less wastage, compared to smoking CBD using traditional cigarettes.
- It is fun and recreational. A lot of young people have taken up vaping and are incorporating it into their lifestyle as a way to socialize and have fun. This has contributed to the vaping trend all over the world.
Besides the numerous benefits, vaping CBD also has its side effects. Studies conducted on the dangerous long term effects of vaping on the lungs reveals safe use. Vaping, though intended to reduce addiction to smoking, may in itself be addictive to users.
Remember that laws have recently changed, fairly or not. Teenagers no longer have access (legally). Make sure that you meet the legal age requirements of engaging with vaping. For users who are taking medicated drugs alongside vaping, please consult your doctor on the right dosage.