As long time users, and companions, of Nitecore chargers and 18650 cells, we were absolutely delighted to stock up on the new Nitecore i8 Intellicharger for the office. In a matter of an hour we were able to reduce the number of 4-bay chargers (all Nitecore) in half, without sacrificing quality and safety. The i8 Intellicharger is the perfect replacement cell charger when the number of mods you own surpass recharging more than 4x 18650’s or any of the other vape batteries currently making in-roads into the vape community.
Whether you need to charge 18650, 20700, 21700, or even 26650’s, the i8 makes the job easier than ever.
The NEW Nitecore i8 Intellicharger, like the previous models, is a universal smart battery charger that is compatible with nearly all cylindrical rechargeable batteries. The i8 will automatically detect Li-ion, Ni-MH and Ni-Cd batteries with voltages of 4.2V/3.7V/1.48V.
The Nitecore i8 offers Intelligent charging circuitry that selects the optimal charging mode (CC, CV) for any given battery. Each of the i8’s eight microcomputer-controlled charging slots monitors and charges each of the batteries independently. In addition, LED indicators identify the charging progress in real time.
Nitecore i8 Specifications:
- Input – AC 100-240V, 50/60Hz, .6A (MAX), DC 12V 3A
- Output (MAX) – 4.2V +/-1% | 1.48V +/-1%
- 1.5A x 2, 1A x 4, .75A x 4, .5A x 8 channels
Nitecore i8 Features:
- 8 independent charging slots
- Compatible with most sizes of cylindrical lithium-ion batteries ranging from 10340 to 26650 (max 65mm) as well as Ni-MH and Ni-Cd (AA, AAA, AAAA, C) rechargeable batteries.
- Optimized charging design for IMR batteries
- Features 3 charging modes – CC, CV, Trickle Charge
- Automatically detects battery power status and selects the appropriate voltage and charge mode
- LED indicators show the charging process for each battery
- Automatically stops when charging is complete and prevents batteries from being over-charged
- Features reverse polarity protection if you accidentally insert a battery the wrong way
- Certified by RoHS, CE, FCC, and CEC
- Insured worldwide by Ping An Insurance Group of China, Ltd.
Nitecore i8 Contents:
- Nitecore i8 battery charger
- Standard USA power plug
- User Manual
- Scratch and Check validation serial number
The Wrap Up
I’m not going to waste your time, or mine, when it comes to recommending a Nitecore charger. This company built its name on quality, durability, and safety, and when it comes to battery chargers there are no better devices out there than Nitecore.
Without a doubt, the best feature of this new charger is its ability to charge up to 8 cells at once. If you’re recharging 18650’s or 20700’s, or the even newer 21700, the i8 charges them faster and safer than any other brand. And because it is an intelligent charger you’ll never over-charge a battery.
Nitecore offers a very informative slideshow on their website, and we’ve copied that slideshow below. Take a look, and then when you’re ready for an 8-bay charger you can trust, head over the our friends at Element Vape and order one.
Granted, here are Spinfuel VAPE we’re always charging batteries for more than a dozen devices at a moment’s notice, and for us the Nitecore i8 makes our job of keeping our cells charged. But even if you own just two or 3 mods, all 18650 or a mixture of the most current cells, having freshly charged back up batteries at the ready is definitely worth the small price you’ll pay for this 8-bay charger.
We trust Nitecore, and you should too.