PREVIEW – Vape Mod iJoy RDTA Box Triple Mod – The Spinfuel VAPE management team just earned a bigger holiday present this year, because they’re giving me a chance to review the iJOY RDTA Box Triple 240-watt mod – the follow-up to one of the most polarizing (and in my opinion, underrated) devices to date.
The original remains one of my favorite mods of all time, and still gets regular use on a weekly basis. However, iJOY – never ones for subtlety – have somehow decided to make it even bigger. This massive vape mod comes in at a staggering 135 x 35 x 55mm, and weighs 200 grams.
Yeah, pocket-friendly, this ain’t.
But it IS bold. iJOY didn’t change much about its design aesthetic with the RDTA Box Triple, as the look is still about solid metal, bright contrasting colors, jagged cutaways, and an unapologetic feel of pure power.
It’s not subtle. It’s not stealthy. And it likely won’t feel good in a pocket during a day at Six Flags. But if it’s anything like its big brother, it will deliver dripper-quality flavor and vapor, with the convenience of its massive 12.8mL illuminated tank.
I will say, I was hoping iJOY found a way to expand the capacity of the internal tank a bit more, to justify the overall larger size. While it feels downright stupid to complain about a 12.8mL internal tank that offers squonk-like flavor, we reviewers always want more. If the RDTA Box Triple vapes well, all will be forgiven, of course.
Perhaps the best feature of the original RDTA Box is carried over to the Triple – the interchangeable IMC build decks, which range from standard Velocity and Goon-style posts, to more ornate, staggered options. No matter your preferred style of RDA building environment, the RDTA Box Triple can likely accommodate it.
In the box, you get the standard Velocity-style deck, alongside a prebuilt coil head. But the replacements are available at most shops and online vendors. In fact, if you’ve used an iJOY RDTA of any variety, you probably have compatible decks in your stash already.
Kudos to iJOY for keeping things consistent and buyer-friendly, rather than opting for more proprietary parts.
The larger size isn’t limited to the exterior. Internally, the 18650-powered RDTA Box Triple is managed by the IWEPAL chipset, allowing it to reach 240 watts (40 more than the original), with a standard temp control suite, variable draw power adjustments, and more. Plus, there are custom
iJOY claims the chipset is 95% power efficient, and given our experience with this board over the last year, I’m not inclined to argue.
One minor question I have is why did iJOY opt for a bulkier triple-18650 format, rather than using this as an opportunity to promote the 20700 or 21700 batteries, as it’s currently doing with the Captain and Genie series? While I’m not intimidated by the size of the RDTA Box Triple, I would gladly trade a few extra mm of height in exchange for a little less girth.
We’re all excited to see how the extra power and size transforms the RDTA Box experience. While the original was not a tremendous sales success, it DID offer fans a truly unique, powerful vape experience. Our fingers are crossed that the iJOY RDTA Box Triple enhances this further, bringing even better performance to the table.
Expect a thorough review in the next couple weeks!
iJoy RDTA Box Triple Features
iJoy RDTA Box Triple 240W Features:
- Dimensions: 105mm by 55mm by 28mm
- Triple High Amp 18650 Batteries – Sold Separately
- 12.8mL Tank Reservoir
- All-In-One Design
- Wattage Output Range: 5-240W
- Voltage Output Range: 1-8W
- Maximum Output Current: 40A
- Minimum Atomizer Resistance: 0.05ohm
- Temperature Range: 200-600F
- Supports Ni200 Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel Heating Elements
- Unique Custom User Mode
- 95% Energy Conversion Rate
- Intuitive 0.96 Inch OLED Display
- Oversized Firing Mechanism
- 20.5mm Gold-Plated Build Deck
- Interchangeable Build Deck Design – 12 Options
- IMC-1 – Two-Post w/ Clamp Mechanism
- IMC-2 – Spring-Loaded Two-Post w/ Clamp
- IMC-3 – Two-Post, Quad Terminals (Side Secured)
- IMC-4 – Two-Post, Two Terminals (Top Secured)
- IMC-5 – Two-Post, Two Large Terminals (Four-Point Secure)
- IMC-6 – Split-Positive Post, Four Terminals (Top Secured)
- IMC-7 – Postless, Four Terminals (Side Secured)
- IMC-8 – Elevated Postless, Four Terminals (Side Secured)
- IMC-9 – Elevated Postless, Four Terminals (Side Secured)
- IMC-10 – Two-Post, Clamp Snag System
- IMC-Coil – 0.3ohm Premade Coil – rated for 40-80W
- IMC-Coil 3 – 0.15ohm Premade Coil – rated for 50-100W
- Signature 15mm Wide Fill Port – Top-Fill
- Built-In LED Light
- Dual Side Adjustable Airflow – Knurled Top Cap
- Delrin Widebore Drip Tip
- MicroUSB Port – Firmware Upgradeable
- Spring-Loaded Gold-Plated 510 Connection