Table of Contents
Last Updated on July 5, 2023 by Team Spinfuel
One of the most important decisions a person can ever make in their lifetime is going to a detox center in order to begin rehabilitation from addiction. But, once that decision has been made, there’s an equally important one that comes immediately after, which is choosing the right rehab center. Throughout the country, there are all kinds of drug and alcohol rehab centers that offer different programs, and each feature their own unique pros and cons. So, how do you know which one is right for you?
Choosing the best rehab center isn’t a decision that should be rushed. And, you shouldn’t just choose the one that’s closest to you out of convenience – as you will learn here today, there is more that goes into finding the right rehab treatment center.
Understanding Your Needs and Goals
The first thing that you’ll need to do is come up with a list of your unique needs and goals. This will help you figure out which of the several types of rehab centers are the most likely to lead you toward the path of success.
So, what are the main types of rehab centers?
- Inpatient: Statistically, inpatient programs have been proven to yield the highest success rate. Long-term inpatient programs are especially successful, and also require that the patient stays for 60 days or longer, while short-term inpatient programs are usually about 30 days. During this time, the patient receives 24-hour care, including group and private therapy sessions, following detox. Of course, inpatient care is also costly, and requires that the patient does not work during the time that they’re in rehab.
- Outpatient: Outpatient has a lower success rate but may still be effective. The patient receives the same treatments as they would at an inpatient facility, but goes home each day.
- State-Funded: State-funded rehab centers are the most affordable, but they’re also the most crowded, and tend to have longer waitlists because of how accessible they are. The quality of care can also vary the most in a state-funded facility based on how much funding is actually received.
- Private: Private rehab centers are privately owned, and therefore tend to be more expensive than state-funded.
- Luxury: Luxury rehab centers are by far the most expensive, but also tend to have the highest quality of care, and the most advanced, cutting-edge forms of treatment. Luxury rehab centers are almost always inpatient, and usually long-term (60 days or longer).
Once you determine which type of rehab center makes the most sense for you, it’s time to start researching individual centers to find the one that will best suit your needs. When researching, here are some questions to answer:
- Does this rehab center have good reviews online?
- Does this center offer up-to-date, clinically proven treatments?
- Does this center provide detox, or just post-detox care?
- Does this rehab center offer the right mental health services for my needs (group therapy, individual therapy, etc.)?
- Does this rehab center deal with my specific addiction?
Considering Logistical and Practical Concerns
Of course, we also have logistical and practical needs that must be addressed when we select a rehab center. We need to consider things like:
- Can I afford this center?
- Is this center in a location that I can realistically get to, and potentially stay at for a while?
- Does this rehab center accept my insurance?
- Will this rehabilitation program require me to take off of work, and if so, for how long?
Making an Informed Decision
Once you consider all of the above questions and possibilities, it’s time to make your final decision. But, the good news is that before you fully commit to one rehab center, you can visit in person to get a better idea of what it offers, and meet with staff to get as much information as you need. If it is feasible, we strongly recommend that you do visit a rehab center before signing up, as this will probably give you the best idea of whether or not it’s a right fit for you.
Choosing the right rehab center can make or break your short and long-term sobriety, so we urge you to choose wisely. If you’re ready to take the leap, and you’re seeking out a California rehab center, come visit us at 4 Seasons Detox.
Our state-of-the-art facility provides various types of care, and relies on the most up-to-date advancements in rehabilitation to help you reach your detox and sobriety goals. Our staff is ready to answer all of your questions and work with your most precise needs and concerns, as our goal is to help anyone who is struggling from addiction to drugs or alcohol. Pay us a visit today.