Many people are now drawn to vaping as one of the latest trends. Vaping is the use of electronic cigarettes, wherein a device is used to convert the liquid into vapor or mist, which you can inhale. The juice may contain nicotine, though there are also nicotine-free flavors being sold today.
If you’re considering making the switch from tobacco or cigarettes to vaping, there are a lot of things that you first need to know. Let’s take a look at some of them:
Quit Traditional Cigarettes First
If you plan to switch to vaping, it is best that you quit traditional smoking as doing both can have adverse effects on your body. The major difference between vapes and traditional cigarettes is that the former don’t contain tobacco. However, the liquid used in vaping still has nicotine and other substances that are also present in traditional cigarettes. This is the main reason why it is not recommended to vape and still use traditional cigarettes at the same time.
Determine What Kind Of Vape User You Are
As a first-time vaper, it’s important to first know that a vape has three essential components. These include the following:
- Battery – This is the device’s power source. Most have fire buttons that will activate the device while others are activated when the user inhales.
- Tank – This is where the liquid will be placed. It is usually made from plastic, metal or glass.
- Atomizer Coil and Accessories – The coil is responsible for heating the liquid, converting it to vapor. It is made from a metal wire, as well as a cotton wick that absorbs the liquid. Vape accessories such as box containers, cleaning brushes, and lanyards all depend on your personal preferences. As you move along with your vaping experience, you will know which coil and accessories are best suited to your needs.
Knowing the essential components of a vape can help you determine the kind of vape user you are since all these components tend to vary from one vape to another. Your choice of vape would mostly depend on why you want to vape and what you want to get out of it. Do you crave the satisfaction of smoking nicotine? Or are the sensory aspects of smoking that which appeals to you? It’s better to know what kind of vape user you are so that you can also choose the right device and liquid that will satisfy your needs, which we will discuss further below.
After deciding what you like to get out of vaping, it is now time to shop for the right device for your needs. There is a wide selection of vaping kits and, for beginners, it’s always best to buy the starter kits first. You can check out a buyer’s guide first before making a purchase.
There are five general types of vaping devices, which are the following:
- Cig-a-likes – This is the most basic form of vape that resembles the appearance of a traditional cigarette. It has an LED tip that lights up when activated.
- Pod Mods – These are considered as the most practical vaping device since they are very affordable and easy to use.
- Mechanical Mods – This kind of vape provides the atomizer with battery power. It is not recommended for beginners as it requires a bit of experience to operate.
- Vape Pens – It comes in different sizes, but most pens are compact and can fit in the palm of your hand. However, battery capacity is limited due to its small size.
- Box Mods – This is a good choice for intermediate users. It comes with different features like temperature control and variable wattage.
Generally, if you want to feel that nicotine hit, choose a device that uses a coil or a wick as its heating element. It is also recommended to choose something with a higher level of resistance so that it will consume less power when operating. These kinds of devices are often small so you won’t have a problem being discreet.
Choose Your Liquid
Also called vape juice or e-liquid, this is the component that you place inside the device to make vapor. This liquid is usually made of propylene glycol or vegetable glycerine, which creates the smoke you exhale. It comes in different flavors, so shopping for the first time can be quite confusing as you likely won’t have a preference yet. Aside from the number of flavors in the market, you also need to consider how much nicotine you want, and what your preferred tastes are.
If you have a large device that consumes more power since it makes larger clouds, choose one that has low nicotine content. Having a larger device would mean that you will be inhaling larger volumes of vapor so if you are unsure of what level you can handle, you can buy two different devices and test the liquid out for yourself. After some time, expect that you will develop a preference for a particular nicotine level that will satisfy your cravings.
When it comes to vaping, it’s crucial to know that if you make the switch to vaping from cigarettes, understanding how a vape works can let you get the most out of the experience. There are several devices in the market today, and each of them has their own advantages and disadvantages. Think about what kind of vape user you are and take time in choosing the right device and liquid that will suit your needs. Also, keep in mind that when you start vaping, it’s best to quit smoking traditional cigarettes in order to avoid health issues.