An emerging and entirely new horizon of health pursuit: CBD flower has got far more benefits than you may have known so far.
CBD is the abbreviated form of cannabidiol which is a phytocannabinoid derived from Cannabis species. The cannabinoids are generally found in marijuana and hemp. But the CBD flower comes from hemp plants only.
There are so many uses of CBD flowers and whatever is made from it
like CBD coconut oil, CBD honey, CBD tea, CBD kombucha, CBD seasoning, CBD capsules, and so on.
The cannabis plant contains more than 130 chemical compounds. But cannabidiol is the one which has got most of the focus because of the numerous benefits it offers.
Nowadays various products based on CBD are used to relieve pain,
reduce inflammation, control anxiety and so many other cases.
What is CBD Flower
CBD flower is the dried bud of a hemp plant. Unlike THC (tetrahydrocannabinol) which makes you high, CBD is non-psychoactive. It does not intoxicate you.
Farmers who have licenses can cultivate hemp strains that contain high levels of CBD. It has very little THC, less than .3%, far below the quantity needed to intoxicate someone.
CBD flower UK, for example, produces excellent products that provide all the benefits of CBD.
There is another interesting fact that you need to know. CBD counteracts THC which means it lessens the psychoactive effects of THC. That’s how the small amount of THC that exists in CBD flowers becomes insignificant because of the far strongly active CBD agent.
Benefits of CBD Flower
There are a wide variety of uses for this flower. Numerous benefits are announced across the advertisements. Some are essentially exaggerated. Others have truths. Here are some great benefits of CBD flowers:
- Relaxing Feeling: When you smoke it you feel (not so fast as it is advertised) some sort of calming and soothing effect relieving you of your long day’s stress. This is certainly different from the feelings that you get from THC which gets you couch-ridden. Making yourself high by taking some sort of addictive drug is different from making yourself stress-free.
- Anti-Inflammatory: This is pretty much medicinal property and this is one of the most attractive reasons why people are crazy for CBD. For example, it can be used in overall pain management. It can relieve you of certain types of chronic pain like cancer, neuropathic, and fibromyalgia. Other types of pains that can be effectively cured using CBD are:
- Lowering Blood pressure: Some studies show that CBD can lower blood pressure. Those who suffer from frequent high blood pressure may find it to be a great relief. A medical team selected 9 patients with high blood pressure and treated each of them with 600 mg of CBD oil. The patients had a spectacular drop in blood pressure thus proving CBD’s medicinal effectiveness.
- Reducing Acne: Acne causes a certain type of inflammation. According to a 2017 review, CBD reduces acne and the inflammation that it causes. Another study, conducted in 2014, found that CBD has a positive effect on sebocytes (cells producing oily sebum) which results in growing acne.
- Treating Heart Related Disorders: An article shows that the anti-inflammatory property that CBD has is capable of reducing risk factors that can lead to heart disease and even a stroke. The article has dug pretty deep into the reasons for heart diseases and the relation of CBD with the agents that provoke such diseases. It has lists of studies carried out in 2009, 2010, and 2017 to support their views.
- Treating Cancer: This is an opinion entirely based on laboratory research. Researchers are yet to conduct a field test on some cancer patients. Moreover, there have been mixed results from the lab tests. Therefore, we cannot conclude that CBD can cure cancer.
The results of the lab tests, however, are not entirely disappointing either. From the reports of the tests, we find that CBD can—
- cause death of some cancerous cells
- block unusual cell growth (which is a unique symptom of cancer)
- Stop the development of blood vessels, depending on which tumors grow.
- Reduce cell level inflammation (which sometimes causes cancer)
- bring down the spread of cancer (because it holds back unusual cell growth as stated above)
The opposite results should be mentioned here too. Sometimes, however, CBD backfires and provokes cancer cells to grow and damages blood vessels. This might be the reason why no practical test of the CBD on the patients has been conducted so far.
There must be a practical and logical reason for CBD to act differently. All we need is to find out the reason and set CBD right for cancer treatment.
- Treating Anxiety, Depression, and Addiction: One of the well-known facts of smoking CBD hemp is helping to cope with some mental and neurological stresses like depression and anxiety. The effect may be deep or light in different persons but all of those who ingested it had a favorable result.
smoking CBD can produce the same result as consuming the oil variant.
- Quit Smoking Cigarettes: Once a celebrity person humorously said, “Quitting smoking is very easy. I’ve quit it more than a thousand times in my life.” No doubt it has long been considered a really difficult task. But now CBD is about to change the concept. In a study where some smoking addicted persons were given CBD inhalers, they were found able to reduce the frequency of daily smoking by 40%. This means CBD works on our mind (that is addicted) as well as our neurons (that physically makes us crave for smoking) and soothes them to some extent resulting in the decline of addiction.
- Other Interesting Facts: Other facts that might convince you to ingest the CBD flower.
- It is not much expensive compared to the benefits it offers.
- It is quite legal.
- Furthermore, it starts working on your body and mind pretty rapidly.
How It is Consumed
There are many ways that you can use CBD flower, or, more generally, cannabidiol. Every day newer ways are invented to ingest it more easily and effectively.
Smoking or Vaping
This is one of the most practiced forms of consuming CBD flowers. When you inhale, the CBD gets mixed with your bloodstream directly. Your blood then transports it to your brain, and you get the effect of CBD within 30 seconds to 3 minutes.
First, the CBD is mixed into creams or gels, then put inside a capsule to take orally. Some CBD rich oils can be applied to the skin
The Entourage Effect
Scientific research reveals that the various cannabinoids that are present in the hemp flower give better results when they work together. This is called the entourage effect. During the research, it was observed that the individual forms of cannabinoids, when working together, involve what is known as synergy.
That’s why all the products that aim at providing maximum CBD benefits try to keep the extract from the hemp flower intact and not chemically resolved or separated.
Is CBD Flower Legal?
In some parts of the USA, consumption of CBD flower is allowed when the THC concentration it contains is kept at .3% or lower than that. It is more or less the same in other parts of the world— CBD is legal and allowed under some moderate conditions. This is because when the THC is extracted out of marijuana it becomes greatly beneficial to so many health issues. Once this fact has been clinically proved there is little official suspicion and legislative prohibition left on CBD flowers.
Side Effects of CBD Flower
Although the negative side effects of CBD flowers are few and mild in behavior some significant side effects have been noted when consumed in excess amount than needed. Here are some of them:
- Cardiovascular Disorder: CBD doesn’t cause them directly. It has known to interact with some medications used to treat heart problems. Thus taking too much CBD could reduce the effectiveness of warfarin, certain statins, calcium channel blockers, beta-blockers, and nitrates.
- Tooth Decay: By demineralizing your enamel it could make it harder to whiten your teeth. Also smoking too much CBD reportedly causes gum disease.
- Vomiting: Nausea and gastrointestinal issues may be provoked by certain CBD oil. This may further lead to vomiting, dizziness, diarrhea, and some digestive symptoms.
Other side effects may be:
- General Mild Side Effects of CBD
- Mild Pulmonary ailments
- Dry Mouth
- Red eyes
- Fluctuation of moods
If you experience any of the side effects while taking cannabinoids you should see your house physician. You might as well reduce the amount of CBD you have been taking or stop taking it.
Whatever side effects or other negative facts about CBD are described it has won the laboratory green signal and positive results from those who have practically consumed it. To those who are on the natural health pursuit, CBD flower is the other name of trust and reliance.