Last Updated on November 23, 2022 by Team Spinfuel
Prescription-free CBD products are becoming increasingly popular as people discover the benefits of this natural remedy. While there is still some confusion about how CBD works and what it can be used for, more and more people are using it to treat various medical conditions. Here are five things you should know about using prescription-free CBD products.
1. CBD is Not Regulated by the FDA
The FDA does not currently regulate CBD products. This means that there is no guarantee of their safety or efficacy. It also means that you may not be getting exactly what you think you are when you purchase a CBD product. Always do your research and only buy CBD products from reputable sources.
Get to know what other users think about the product, like Just CBD reviews, which can give you some idea about the quality of a product.
As with any new supplement, it’s always best to speak with a healthcare professional before using CBD. They can help you to understand the potential risks and benefits of CBD and determine whether it’s the right treatment for you.
2. You Can Take CBD in Different Forms
CBD can be consumed in a variety of ways, each of which offers its own set of advantages and disadvantages.
- CBD oil is perhaps the most popular method of consuming CBD. Oils can be taken sublingually (under the tongue), or added to food or drinks. CBD oils are the most potent form of CBD, providing fast relief from symptoms. However, they can also be difficult to dose accurately.
- CBD edibles are another popular option, particularly for those who do not enjoy the taste of CBD oil. Edibles come in various forms, including gummies, candies, and cookies. They tend to have a longer onset time than other methods of consuming CBD (30 minutes to 2 hours), but their effects can last for 6 hours or more.
- Capsules and pills are another easy way to take CBD. Capsules can be taken with water, just like any other supplement. Pills are absorbed through the digestive system, so they take longer to take effect than other methods (30 minutes to 2 hours). However, their effects also last longer (4-6 hours).
- Topicals are CBD products that are applied directly to the skin. They are typically used to treat local pain or inflammation. Topicals can come in the form of lotions, creams, balms, or salves. Because they are applied directly to the skin, they tend to have very rapid effects (within minutes). However, they also tend to have relatively short-lived effects (1-2 hours).
- Finally, vaporized CBD can be inhaled using a vape pen or e-cigarette. This method provides very rapid relief from symptoms (within minutes), but it also has a very short duration of action (1-2 hours).
3. CBD is Generally Considered Safe, but Side Effects Are Possible
CBD has been known to be generally safe for most people. However, like all substances, it can cause side effects in some people. The most common side effects of CBD include dry mouth, diarrhea, diarrhea, and reduced appetite. If you experience any of these side effects, stop taking CBD and consult your doctor.
4. Stores Selling CBD Products Are Not Always Reliable
The CBD industry is a multi-billion dollar industry. In fact, it is estimated to be worth $47.22 billion by 2028, and everyone wants a piece of the pie. In fact, seeing that it is currently not regulated by the FDA and there’s little to no quality control, anyone can open up a store and start selling CBD products.
Many stores are selling products that contain little to no CBD at all. So, how can you tell if a store is reputable?
There are a few things you can look for when trying to determine if a store is reliable, such as reviews from other customers, how long the store has been in business, and what type of products they sell.
Another important factor to consider is whether or not the store offers a money-back guarantee. This shows that the store stands behind its products and is confident in their quality.
When looking for a reputable and reliable store to buy CBD products from, keep these factors in mind to help you make the best decision.
5. CBD Can Interact With Other Medications
While CBD is a popular natural remedy for common ailments, it can interfere with the way the body metabolizes certain drugs. For example, CBD can inhibit the metabolism of certain drugs, such as blood thinners and seizure medications. As a result, these drugs may not work as effectively.
It can increase the levels of other drugs in the body, which can lead to adverse side effects. Therefore, it’s important to talk to a healthcare provider before using CBD, especially if you are taking any other medications.